Monday, May 19, 2008

While "Brangelina" and Star Jones were in Cannes...

I was on Hilton Head Island!

and OH what a glorious place it is. This was my first trip to HHI, and it is by far now one of my favorite places on Earth. The beaches are amazing...a luxurious mix of delicate white sand that eases into packed, wet sand reminiscent of wet concrete. The tides comes up at night and then back out in the morning and leaves these delightful tide pools along the shore that are chalk full of seashells still with their creatures.

Brittney and Sharla and I stayed at Brittney's parents' condo on the beach and it was the most beautiful vacation home I have ever seen. Mrs. D. lovingly decorated the entire condo in "Beach Chic" and no detail was left unattended.

The trip was exactly as you would expect from the three of us. Lots of sun, more gossip, even more laughter....someone spent too much money, someone drank too much one night, someone ate their weight in seafood one night (sadly, all three might have been me, but I'll let you wonder!)- but we all agreed that our little respite was way overdue!

We have great pictures and once I go through them all, I'll post a little slide show!

Special shout out to Mike and Susan D. for letting us hang at their house for a long weekend and to Brittney for putting it all together.

Sic 'em Bears!

No comments: