Thursday, May 29, 2008

We'll call him "Chef!"

Ben and I had a lovely day. Yesterday we were at the Country Club pool forever, so I declared today a "NO WATER" day. We ran errands, played with our sand table, ate popcicles and fried okra...all things summer glorious!

By the end of today Ben was sleepy. So he crawled up in my lap and laid his head down for what I thought was going to be some memorable "cuddle time". I started flicking through the channels and stopped at the Food Network. He's dozing right? I can get a few minutes of cooking show time in.

Ben immediately popped his head up and SCREAMED, "RACHAEL RACH! Mommy! Mommy! That's RACHAEL RACH! She's cookin'! Watch her, Mommy! RAAAAACHAELLLL RAAAACH!"

Um...whoops. I am busted for subjecting my child to the Food Network. But no one was home so it was my little secret. Or so I thought....

Fast forward to later tonight...Kevin and Ben are at the grocery store picking up some milk and a few things from Mommy's list and they turn down the "utility" aisle. You know the aisle with the mops and brooms and detergents and things like that. Ben grabs a little scrubber brush and begins to diligently clean the cart all the while "sing songy" to his Daddy..."I am RAAACHAELLLL RACH!!!!!!!"

Now I am busted.

No comments: