Monday, January 7, 2008

Boot Camp

So as most of you know, I am participating in the Everfit Boot Camp 2 Week Intensive. Every morning at 5:30 a.m. I haul my tired a$$ to ACU (that's a 20 minute drive) to try and get my self into a new shape. I say new shape because the shape I currently am is ROUND, so I would like a new one! This morning was our first day and I slept last night like I was having some sort of surgery today. I tossed and turned until 1:00 and then finally fell soundly asleep until my alarm went off at 4:20. The workout wasn't terrible, but I remind myself that today was "testing day" so I'll wait before I get too proud of myself. I think the worst part right now is the mental part of getting up, working out for an hour, driving all the way home and the sun STILL not being up. That and my two boys are sleeping soundly. I am jealous. But I know that the next two weeks will help me to be a better mother and wife. A tired mother and wife, but perhaps physical exhaustion will be a little better than mental exhaustion. Oh and before you ask...the answer is NO! There will be no pictures of me in my 5:00 a.m. workout gear! You'll just have to trust me that no one will be asking me to film an exercise video anytime soon!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm so proud of us! I think we did great - too bad we'll have to repeat all the "testing" at the end of boot camp. See you tomorrow - and the next day - and the next day - and the next day...!